Monday, September 13, 2010

Memories of Trust

Trusty has been a special friend of mine for years. I remember Rose bringing her to our house in West Newbury when she was just a little pup. She followed my sisters and I around, nipping at our ankles and being the cutest little cuddler. We all fell in love. Through the years I was lucky to share walks, visits, hikes, conversations, a bed, and more with the Trust. More recently, she showed me around San Francisco, led me to some of the most delicious food in the city (she had an amazing nose for the best of SF), protected me from some characters on Haight Street, and was a great pal and roommate on Page St.

One of my favorite things about Trusty was her loyalty to, and pure obsession with, Rose. I often tried taking her for runs or walks around the neighborhood in San Francisco. I figured after living with Trust & Rose for a few weeks she would assume that we'd return back to the house after our adventure. Not so. We typically made it a few blocks before Trusty was sprawled on the sidewalk in a position that meant, "I'm not moving." Our run/walk thwarted once again, we would turn around and head back home to Rose, and suddenly 13 year old Trusty would start sprinting. She knew we were headed back to ROSE.

Some of the things I'll miss most about Trusty:
Her curiosity, her old lady moans, her refusal to run with me, her all knowing glances, her passion and zeal for chicken carcasses, her presence in the stairway of Page St., her crush on Jake, her hiking skills, her old lady wisdom.

Miss you already, Trusty. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment