Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Sweetest Dog Ever

I'll never forget meeting Trusty. A sunny day on the beach in East Haven. Trusty was a little black ball of energy bounding across the sand. Rosie was so happy to have her new puppy! They were clearly so connected and there was so much joy in their interaction. During those New Haven days Trusty always greeted me at the door with a hearty wag, jump, bark combo. She was just so happy to see everyone and the love just oozed from her soft fur! Her floppy ears, soulful eyes and eager ways ... she's made a permanent mark in my heart! I remember one time with Trusty most particularly. Rosie had moved to SF and needed someone to look after both dogs for a few hours while she moved. Trusty and I sat, watched the people go by in the park -- she ran. But the feeling of her abiding presence still lingers with me. I could see at that time how she could easily have become my very best friend if I had spent a bit more time with her! Recently my daughter, Natasha, 3, had the pleasure of meeting Trusty. "Trusty is so so sweet" she would say over and over as she pet her gently. They had an immediate bond as I think Natasha saw into the deep soul of The Trust. I have seen Trusty through many years and feel so lucky to have known her. I know she is at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment