Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ms. Trusty Rossi

Trusty Rossi and I met on Frederick Street over two and half years ago. I was pregnant with my son and on modified bed rest, so Trusty started to come over my apartment regularly to keep me company. In the mornings, we would rest on the sofa and sort through baby clothes, and then, play with one of her toys. After about ten minutes, she would showed no interest in the squeaky squirrel or hen toy. We left the toys on the floor and headed to the kitchen. TR became very excited when I had the container of grated cheese in my hand. Her mom, Rosemary Rossi, left her some dog treats, which were made from natural chicken. At Trusty's request, I sprinkled it with grated cheese. After spending several months with Trusty Rossi, I learned she had a palette for Italian cold cuts and of course, cheese. After a few weeks, it became evident that Trusty Rossi was addicted to grated cheese on food. She would ignore the food in the bowl until I sprinkled grated cheese---it was white confetti to Trust----a celebration of food and friendship.

I will miss you dearly Trusty Rossi.




No comments:

Post a Comment